Maureen seems rather down at the moment which isn’t at all surprising when you consider what she has to contend with as dementia marches relentlessly on. Therefore, I have introduced some tried and tested natural remedies for improving memory, lifting mood and regaining contact with family:
- I have replaced rosemary sprigs all over the house as they had lost their aroma.
- I have put orange peel in the lounge to add a positive fragrance to the room.
- I have massaged and placed a heated wheat bag on Maureen’s left foot as it is always cold.
- I have booked her a home pedicure and manicure for 2 pm this afternoon.
- I have booked a chauffeur driven day out on Saturday so we can reconnect with Maureen’s family.
Follow the links underlined above for references on the effectiveness of these remedies: only time will tell how well Maureen responds to this combination therapy.
There will be further combination therapy taking place at 11 am this morning when I meet with our Key Worker to review our Care Plans. I’m not convinced that more of the same is required: we need to consider some significant changes to our Care Plans to ensure that they remain person-centred.