I have made some significant changes in my approach to being Maureen’s Care Partner:
- I’m no longer going to make my escape as soon as carers arrive on our doorstep. Our ‘Girls’ as Maureen calls them need to be seen as part of the family.
- I have reduced the time I spend on Social. Media significantly
- I have used YouTube for early morning meditation:
- I have returned to in-house Tai Chi using this routine:
- I am using the local Branch of the Alzheimer’s Society for support.
- Girl Wednesday Night has now been recruited into our extended family.
It is crucial to keep my role under review as we continue on this challenging journey.