I’m meeting our social worker at 11.30 am this morning to complete my Carers Assessment
If I am to have a life of my own alongside being Maureen’s Care Partner my shopping list of aspirations is as follows:
- Daily 3 hour sits from 1o am until 1 pm with a regular team of Carers.
- Maureen to attend Day Care from 10 am until 5 am, ideally for two days a week, at Royal Court Care Home. Provisionally from week commencing Monday 22nd August.
- One trip a month to visit family in Coventry or London with care from 7 am until 9.30 pm. Next trip Friday 19th August
- Three days of respite a month for Buddhist Retreats, at the Madhyamaka Centre in Pocklington, with wall to wall care from 7 am on the first day until 6 pm on the third. Next trip Monday 5th September onwards.
- Professional support to continue to be provided by Focus, Admiral Nursing, the Home Treatment Team and Clee Medical Centre.
- Family members to commit to scheduled visits (needs coordination).
- Daily meditation by following teachings on YouTube and reading.
- Regular attendance at Tai Chi classes.
- Regular attendance at Cleethorpes Leisure Centre.
- To continue to grow vegetables and use gardening as ‘in house therapy’.
- To meet my Lifelong Learning needs through On Line Courses.
- To remain a card holding (inactive) member of the Labour Party.
- To reinvigorate my role as a volunteer with the local Dementia Engagement Project.
- To continue blogging my experiences as a Care Partner.
- To continue following the fortunes of Coventry City via Sky Blue Player.
Two important principles: no more vagaries from me and all arrangements for care to be reliable and sustainable. Time also for me to reflect on the Serenity Prayer:
Edit: Social worker off sick so the meeting is cancelled.