Any perusal of this Blog will lead the reader to conclude the Maureen’s presentation is changing as is her personality: no surprise there dementia is a progressive condition. Routine and consistency is the very thing she needs at the moment and it is conspicuous by its absence. My suggestions on how we might improve things are listed below as bullet points:
- Carers need to be consistent in their approach.
- Carers need to meet to review their input and Maureen’s presentation.
- I need to improve my sleep pattern.
- We need to address the shortcomings of the biomedical model.
- Family members need to increase their level of phone contact.
- Family members need to schedule frequent visits.
- My Blog becomes the vehicle for updating interested parties on Maureen’s presentation.
I am exhausted by the events of the weekend. My sleep pattern is very poor putting my mental well-being at risk. No-one could sustain my current level of input. Improving the co-ordination between all parties would be a helpful step forward.